SIMS Snowboards Distortion 2022 - 161W
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Watch the needle bend.
Strap in and turn it to 11. The Distortion is a Dual Twin Tip designed by the team for all-mountain
mayhem. Sims Transform Camber, a flat camber that rolls into a traditional camber right before the contact points, is loose and easy to pivot off the center, with a solid edge hold through the tip and tail. Park, pipe, powder, the Distortion eats it up.
The Distortion is built on Sims Masters Core, a Light Poplar wood core with two tip-to-tail bamboo stringers running under the inserts. Two carbon stringers, our Double I-Carbon Wide layup, run parallel outside the bamboo stringers. We cap the Distortion with our Tri-Tex fiberglass laminate, our most advanced 3D matrix. Together these elements produce loads of pop and smooth rebound out of turns for all-conditions ripping.
Sims Flexible Thin Tip tech reduces material for less swing weight on aerial rotations. We finish the Distortion with a Premium Racing base from ISOSPORT, the industry leader in base technologies.
• Bend: Transform Camber – The best of flat and traditional camber contours for a catch-free camber experience.
• Shape: The Dual Twin Tip
• Wood Core: Masters Core – A Light Poplar wood core with two parallel bamboo stringers running tip to tail under the hole pattern. Predictable, smooth flexing, and loaded with pop.
• Base: Premium Racing – Industry leading base technology form ISOSPORT. Base material used for Sims top end boards. Chosen for its molecular weight, high density durability, and great wax permeability. Watch the needle bend.
• Tip Tech: Flexible Thin Tip Tech – Reduced tip and tail material for reduced swing weight.
• Fiberglass: Tri-Tex – Sims most advanced fiberglass matrix, a 3-way mesh used on our highest end boards. Smoothly enhances power, pop, rebound, and rigidity.
• Carbon Layup: Double I-Carbon – Two tip-to-tail carbon stringers running under the hole pattern inserts to increase torsional rigidity, response, and control.
|SIZE (mm)||RUNNING LENGTH (mm)||EFFECTIVE EDGE
|WAIST WIDTH (mm)||NOSE LENGTH (mm)||TAIL LENGTH (mm)||SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||REFERENCE STANCE (mm)||STANCE RANGE (mm)||SET BACK (mm)|
|161W||1150||1213||308||308||263||230||230||8||560||520 - 640||0|
|SIZE (mm)||CATEGORY （BEND）||CAMBER PROFILES （BEND）||SHAPE||WOOD CORE||CORE PROFILES||SOLE||CARBON LAY UP||SIDE WALL||EDGE TECH||TIP TECH||FIBER GLASS LAMINATE|
|161W||TRANSFORM CAMBER||TRANSFORM CAMBER||THE DUAL TWIN TIP||MASTERS||NON||PREMIUM RACING||DOUBLE I - CARBON||FLEXIBLE THIN||TRI - TEX|