SIMS Snowboards UAP 2022
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
All The Directions
Eye witness accounts of UAP’s report rapid acceleration, flying without wings, and moving easily between the mediums of the mountains. Described as highly intelligent in design. Sims Unidentified Aerial Phenomena are here.
The UAP is inspired by the Sims Shaun Palmer UFO pro-model. The base graphic is identical to the OG UFO, the top sheet graphic an ode to Palmer’s Joker. The UAP is a directional Long Nose Twin. Tip and tail widths are the same. Side-cut, camber, and stance, are set back. Surfy off-piste float from the longer nose and set back profile, the powers of traditional camber, and by keeping the tip and tail widths equal, UAP’s are able to freestyle in all the directions.
The UAP is built on Sims Master’s Core, a Light Poplar wood core enhanced with two parallel bamboo stringers running tip to tail under the hole pattern. Nose and tail are reinforced with a Dual X Carbon layup. Flexible Thin Tip Tech cuts unnecessary core material at the ends of the board for reduced swing weight. We finish the UAP with Tri-Tex Fiberglass, our most advanced 3D matrix, and a Premium Racing Base from ISOSPORT, the industry leader in friction-free base technologies.
• Bend: Traditional Camber - Ancient powers we still don’t fully comprehend.
• Shape: Long Nosed Twin – A little more length in the front for float, but the same tip and tail widths to keep it freestyle.
• Wood Core: Masters Core – A Light Poplar wood core with two parallel bamboo stringers running tip to tail under the hole pattern. Predictable, smooth flexing, and loaded with pop.
• Base: Premium Racing – Industry leading base technology from ISOSPORT. Chosen for its molecular weight, high density durability, and unworldly wax hold.
• Tip Tech: Flexible Thin Tip Tech – Reduced material and swing weight for faster rotations and a lightweight feel in the air.
• Fiberglass: Tri-Tex – Sims most advanced fiberglass matrix, a 3-way mesh used on our highest end boards. Smoothly enhances power, pop, rebound, and rigidity.
• Carbon Layup: Dual X Carbon layup on the tip and tail of the UAP for new levels of power and pop.
|SIZE (mm)||RUNNING LENGTH (mm)||EFFECTIVE EDGE
|WAIST WIDTH (mm)||NOSE LENGTH (mm)||TAIL LENGTH (mm)||SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||REFERENCE STANCE (mm)||STANCE RANGE (mm)||SET BACK (mm)|
|SIZE (mm)||CATEGORY （BEND）||CAMBER PROFILES （BEND）||SHAPE||WOOD CORE||CORE PROFILES||SOLE||CARBON LAY UP||SIDE WALL||EDGE TECH||TIP TECH||FIBER GLASS LAMINATE|
|1530||PREMIUM RACING||DOUBLE I - CARBON WIDE||FLEXIBLE THIN||TRI - TEX|
|1560||PREMIUM RACING||DOUBLE I - CARBON WIDE||FLEXIBLE THIN||TRI - TEX|